Friday, April 15, 2011

The Experiment

 
 Evening all!  This is Scott from Suburban Sports and Suburbansport.com.  Its early spring and bike season is here.  Ski season for me came to an end far too fast and too soon, but there is an up side to it all.  Its time to get on the bike.  By that I mean time to get on A bike, not my bike.  The kind folks at Scott-Sports were nice enough to cut us a great deal on a demo bike for me for the season.  Thanks to my boss Peter for making it all happen!  Here is The Experiment though, what happens when you take a guy who has worked for Fortune 500 insurance companies for ten years and put him in a Bike/Ski Shop and give him a nice bike for the bike season.  Will said man become a "Cyclist" by the end of the "season"?  By cyclist I mean am I going to interested in everything European?  Will I be shaving my legs for that little bit of aerodynamic advantage?  I am interested to see where it all ends.  I can tell you the benefit to my health have been great thus far even after getting layed of a year ago from my insurance company employer.  At my previous employer I worked second shift and would snack quite a bit to keep awake and would spend my 8 hour shift sitting most of the time.  Now in the shop I find very little time to sit.  I'm running here and there especially during ski season when we are grabbing ski boots left and right.

Now its time to add the bike into the equation.  I will be riding an XL/58cm 2011 Scott CR1 Team.  Over the next coming months you can "tune in" here for information on how this experiment is going.  I'll let you know what I think of the bike (now to be fair, I have NEVER ridden such a high end road bike).  It will be fun to see how things go.  I hope you will come along with me on the journey.

If you would like, join me and the shop on Thursday nights as we bring back shop rides.  We will start Thursday, May 5th in Farmington the Farmington Valley Greenway. We will push off at 6pm.  You can find more information on our Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment